Job Description:Attention CDL-A Drivers!
We're offering a$1,500sign-on BONUS
for qualified drivers through November 30, 2018! ($750 at 90 days and $750 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
Working at Averitt Express isn't about punching the clock. It's about working with people who trust you, serving people who depend on you, and getting home to people who love you. It's about investing in something big - for you, your family, and Averitt. Our family continues to grow and we're always looking for unique individuals who will be committed to our customers, our associates, and our future. If you're ready to see what it means to put on Averitt Red, we'll be glad to speak to you! It'll be our pleasure for you to join our ever-growing family!
Local CDL-A Truck Drivers are the champions of a local area, having the opportunity to develop long-term relationships with the customers they serve. They enjoy in-cab technology that makes it a breeze to talk with dispatch and navigate a route. If you are a fan of daily home time, then becoming a local driver for Averitt is an ideal position for you. Turn to Averitt Express if you are looking for not only a promising and rewarding career, but if you are ready to be a part of something bigger: a legacy that will live forever.
** Must have Class A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements **
**One (1) year of recent Class A tractor trailer driving experience preferred however training may be available for candidates with:
- 4 months full-time verifiable experience within the past 3 years OR
- 1 year full-time verifiable experience within the past 5 years OR
- Recent graduates from CDL training school and/or trucking company training programs
NOTE: Training availability may vary by location
CDL-A Local Truck Driver Benefits:
- Daily Home Time
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Profit Sharing and 401 (k) plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform program
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid time off
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: cdl a, cdl a driver, cdl a driving, company driving team, otr driver, otr driving, over the road driving, regional driving, tanker truck, time at home