Key Account Sales Manager - Biotech and Pharmaceutical Markets - East
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity for an experienced Life Sciences Sales Representative to lead, drive, and manage a dedicated NMR sales effort that focuses on Biotech and Pharmaceutical Markets to maximize new order bookings, sales opportunities, and the sales funnel throughout the East Coast - US Region.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective biotech, pharmaceutical (BPH) and CRO/CMO customers in the assigned region to generate new business for the NMR and EPR product lines.
- Meet or exceed defined sales volume targets.
- Build sustainable business partnerships with (new) customers in the BPH industry, especially in pharma segments not yet served by Bruker NMR & EPR products.
- Understand the customer's value chain, critical success factors, and key initiative based on which the account plan and sales strategy is developed. Communicate how the NMR & EPR solutions address customer's needs.
- Study all aspects of BPH market, including technology development, business opportunities, government policy and industrial regulations, in order to promote sales of Bruker NMR and EPR solution to BPH adjacent markets, in close collaboration with Bruker NMR & EPR regional sales manager and pharma market management.
- Maintain all sales related information in the company's CRM (SalesForce.com) on an up-to-date basis, including leads, accounts, opportunities, and sales funnel management.
- Conduct telephone calls and in-person visits to communicate latest product offerings via presentations and other communication media. Arrange for product demonstrations with Product Specialists as necessary.
- Produce clear and effective written proposals and quotations using company provided quoting tools; maintain quoted prices within pre-defined pricing matrix; negotiate contract term and conditions within company guidelines.
- Communicate regularly with Senior Management and provide timely updates on all biotech and pharmaceutical opportunities in the region, including likely and not likely purchasing decisions.
- Perform research on regional biotech, pharmaceutical and CRO/CMO companies in order to identify and develop prospective customers; analyze the region's order potential and maintain data in the CRM.
- Focus attention on key accounts and provide feedback and competitive intelligence to marketing, sales, service and others as appropriate.
- Organize local-level sales strategy to maximize prospective customer awareness, sales opportunities and existing customer satisfaction for referrals in each territory.
- Coordinate effort to communicate customer problems and complaints to the appropriate sales or service group.
- Remain informed of product applications, technical services, market conditions and competitive activities through multiple sources, including pertinent documentations.
- Participate in trade shows and conferences as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 7 years' Life Sciences Sales work experience developing sales leads and securing NMR product sales in the United States, including the ability to identify and analyze customer needs, propose technical solutions that address business requirements, and position Bruker BioSpin as provider of choice.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline or 10+ years' equivalent experience required. Advanced degree or advanced business degree desirable.
- Demonstrated business development and account cultivation skills, including value chain management, implementation of complex and strategic selling methods, effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Proven ability to perform cost analysis and justification required for preparation and presentation of a well-developed business case to secure the sales of complex offerings from executive management.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical, and proposal communication and presentation skills, including advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, Sales Force, and Miller Heiman.
- Highly self- motivated individual with a strong work ethic, experience collaborating with high performance teams in a global, multi-cultural organization, and excitement for new challenges and opportunity.
- Proven ability to maintain positive business relationships and effectively manage priorities and decisions in a rapidly changing commercial environment.
- Willingness to maintain home office with telephone lines and computer connectivity.
- Ability to maintain valid passport and flexibility for extensive travel.
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state or governing location.
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Loading some great jobs for you...