Compensation: $28,740.00 - $39,230.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
The Assistant Cook is responsible to assist First Cook with the preparation and production of food items for patient and Cafeteria meal service according to menu requirements and specifications: Responsible to prepare all items in a busy kitchen as requested on special tally, etc. Maintains a clean, safe food preparation work environment. Receiving, issuing, inventory and storage duties in both dry and cold storage areas. Weighs, measures, counts, arranges and labels ingredients required for standardized recipes. Places orders with vendors using the department software to input/print orders. Maintains FIFO system.
- High School graduate or equivalency required.
- Read and understand written instructions, perform recipe calculations and follow oral and written directions in English.
- Must have experience and expertise in food preparation, cooking, estimating quantities of food needed, requisitioning and storing food and supplies and sanitary procedures involving the handling of food and equipment.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Two (2) years' experience in hospital food service preparation.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Able to function well in a fast-paced kitchen.
- Competent in Microsoft office software.
- Working knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Exhibits an ability and attitude relative to the spirit of caring and tradition at Calvary Hospital as required by specific job duties and functions.
Associated topics: appetizer, baker, cocinero de la parrilla, complimentary, cutter, fryer, line cook, restaurant cook, sandwich, stove
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...