Physical Therapist Assistant - Full time - Tremont & New Rochelle
Compensation: $84,560.00 - $118,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Health Plus Management, LLC is actively seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant for our managed location for Tremont and New Rochelle offices. This is an outpatient PM&R - Pain Management practice with a state of the art physical therapy gym in-house. This opportunity is for a full-time position that provides an excellent path for personal and professional growth, along with competitive salary and benefits. As part of the core team in a Physiatry practice, the Physical Therapist Assistant promotes and maintains health by providing physical therapy services under the supervision of a Physical Therapist.
We are witnessing a paradigm shift in pain medicine towards a mechanism-based approach. We value the fact that Physical Therapist Assistants play an important role in palliative care, and they are regarded as highly proficient members of a multidisciplinary healthcare team towards management of chronic pain.
Monday 9:00am - 7:30pm New Rochelle
Tuesday 8:30am - 7:30pm Tremont
Wednesday 8:30am - 7:30pm Tremont
Friday 9:00am - 7:30pm New Rochelle
Saturday and Sunday Off
- Contribute to the Physical Therapist s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues
- Provide information and commentary regarding recommended options and courses of action
- Implement physical therapy directives
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients, also obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories of the patient
- Assess abnormal conditions by reviewing the Physical Therapist s interpretations of patient evaluations and test results
- Document patient care services by charting in patient record
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises
- Instruct, encourage, and assist patients in performing physical activities such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities, as well as instructing usage of supportive devices, such as canes and crutches
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhere to infection-control policies and protocols
- Maintain legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning Federal, State, and Local regulations; anticipating emerging issues
- A valid New York physical therapy license (or eligibility) and registration. New graduates will be considered.
- Experience working in an outpatient musculo-skeletal practice preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients
Competitive and attractive compensation and benefits package
Associated topics: lactation, lactation consultant, mhlb physical, movement disorder, movement therapist, orthopedic, orthopedic therapy, outpatient, physical therapy, rehab
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...